The “Nuts & Bolts of Producing” Workshop relates to feature, short and documentary filmmaking. From above-the-line principals to below-the-line crew members, this course is structured for anyone who is interested in learning the how-to of film and digital production.
The Course will cover in-depth:
- Selecting a property to produce – acquiring a property & rights release. “Life Rights” options.
- Funding Sources – from grants and equity investors to “Angels” as well as understanding and using the Michigan film rebate program to help fund your film.
- Breaking down a script – the backbone of production
- Budgeting for low budgets and high budgets
- Selecting the best Cast and Crew – Non-union and Union
- Post Production
- Distribution & Marketing
Student Quotes for Chuck’s Classes
“I have taken Chuck’s Screenwriting Courses and Producer Workshops and found them both to be extremely beneficial. After writing just my second screenplay I managed to win first place in a notable screenwriting competition. I owe this victory to Chuck and his in depth class which focuses on the core of the story and what makes it tick. Even after the class has long ended, he’s always available, day or night, to answer those burning questions. If you’re a veteran filmmaker or a fledgling, Chuck is definitely someone you want in your corner. — Chris Mosley, Award-winning Screenwriter”